In 2015 Californians proved once again that they know what to do with the abundance of sunshine our state gets—we put it to work! More than doubling the nation’s total, California added more than 20,000 new solar jobs in 2015.
It was a recording breaking year for the industry in general. Out efforts as green consumers, advocates, and contractors are an example for the rest of the country in the charge towards a sustainable future.
- Approximately one in three solar employees work in California
- California boasts more workers in solar than in the state’s five largest utility companies combined
- Over 75,000 workers proudly call solar their industry
- Since 2012 half the states in the country have at least doubled their solar workforce
- Nationwide, the total number of solar industry jobs increased to almost 209,000 workers.
Solar is an all around bright spot. It brings clean air options for our environment. It’s adding positively to the state’s economy. And it is helping the bottom-line of many homeowners with lowered monthly bills and tax credits. Read more at: http://ht.ly/YbvPH
Shine on California!