November 2, 2011 – Treading the waters of tax credits, solar rebates, leases, loans, grants and same-as-cash programs can be daunting. If you’re thinking of going solar, be sure to get the right financing program and solar system for your personal situation.
A solar system can average about $30,000, putting it out of reach for many homeowners, therefore no-money-down leases and same-as-cash programs have become a popular means for consumers to enjoy the benefits of solar power without having to pay the expensive upfront costs.
“New terms and leases allow most homeowners the ability to afford a solar electric system where in the past they just couldn’t make the economics work for them. Anyone owning a home and paying more than $100 per month to an electric company should consider solar. There are a variety of new financing options now available such as “Same-as-Cash” programs where homeowners can receive free electricity for 180 days to 18 months. Zero money down monthly lease payments can begin at $45 per month – much more reasonable than electric company rates,” said Don “Cam” Campbell, owner and president of California Solar Electric.
Even with tax credits and solar rebates, many homeowners were still unable to afford a system, therefore these new financing programs are gaining popularity quickly. The terms may seem incredible: $0 down, low monthly payments, early buy-out options, flexible (renew, buy or return the system) end-of-lease terms. These programs are allowing homeowners to spread the cost of the system over time – making this one of the best investments available in today’s market.
As with any new offering, there are warnings… There are many companies entering the solar business that likely won’t be around for long — homeowners should contract with reliable, experienced solar installers who guarantee their work, systems should come with performance guarantees and financing backed by reputable companies. If you have good credit and a company can’t offer you the following, you should shop around:
- Low interest (no interest on some programs)
- Unsecured financing
- A quick and easy loan process & fast credit decision
- Little to no paperwork
- No application fees, closing costs, or prepayment penalties
- If you choose to go the traditional cash or loan route, CSE completes all rebate paperwork and submittals in order to ensure proper submissions and maximum returns.
Considering going solar? Give California Solar Electric a call (805-640-7903) and they will provide a free no-obligation solar estimate and financing consultation to see if this is the right investment for you and your home.
- About California Solar Electric. California Solar Electric (CSE) is dedicated to providing superior customer service and the latest, most efficient solar electric technology on the market. Servicing Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles and surrounding counties for 25 years -specializing in solar for over a decade; CSE serves the community as a catalyst for a sustainable future with education, promotion and installation of clean, renewable power from the sun. Hundreds of satisfied customers agree that CSE provides the highest quality solar energy and financial solutions for residential and commercial systems. For more information, please visit www.CaliforniaSolarElectric.com, email info@CaliforniaSolarElectric.com or call 805-640-7903 for a no-obligation, free estimate and financing consultation.